Detecting a user's device details can be used for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to:
- Determining the best way to display content or advertisements on a website or app
- Tailoring a user experience based on the type of device or operating system being used
- Identifying security vulnerabilities on a device
- To send the user a custom message or notification based on their device type
- To track user behaviour and preferences across different devices in order to better understand and serve them
- Troubleshoot problems and better understand your user base.